Life has been changing so often every day, and it has reached a point where safety is a major threat both to the national government and even to homeowners. A majority of the people or states which do not invest well in security ends up being a major target for the enemy.
Installation of surveillance cameras in your home helps in protecting your wealth as well as your life. These surveillance cameras can be installed indoors or outdoors depending on convenience. Indoor camera’s design makes them fit for use in an enclosed place, and outdoor cameras design makes them fit for use in open areas.
Comparison between Indoor and Outdoor Cameras,
- Outdoor cameras are designed in a much harder way so that they can withstand harsh weather conditions like hail storms and hot sun heat.
- A majority of the outdoor surveillance cameras are bullet shaped since they are aimed to focus on a particular place, for example, an entry point. On the other hand, most of the indoor cameras are dome shaped and have a rotation of more than 180 degrees since they are aimed to cover all corners of the particular room.
- Outdoor CCTV cameras are both nights’, and daytime enabled so that they can provide security around the clock as opposed to indoor cameras which are mostly in use during the day only.
- Their mounting decks are much stronger than for indoor cameras so that they can withstand any form of vandalism.
- Majority of the outdoor cameras have led lighting capabilities to enhance the quality of the captured image or video.
Main Categories of Surveillance Cameras
Bullet shaped cameras.
The form of these cameras resembles a bullet, and they serve best when mounted on walls so that they can have a slanting angle of focus.
Dome shaped cameras.
These types of cameras resemble half a sphere, and they have the capability to rotate the lens so that it can point in various dimensions at a time.
Hidden surveillance cameras,
These are CCTV cameras which are meant to be placed in pieces of equipment which are already in the house and serve a different purpose from security enhancement. These cameras can be mounted on wall clocks, DVD decks, children playing toys, or even on bookshelves. They are designed to monitor the activities in a respective area without any of the monitored parties knowing that the camera is installed.
Fake surveillance cameras,
These are fake cameras which do not record or take photos of anything in the surrounding. They are meant to deter the peoples who might have a wicked motive of doing something from executing their plan thinking that they are being watched, but in the real sense, no one is watching over them.
Wired and wireless surveillance cameras.
Wired cameras use Ethernet cables to transmit captured images and videos as well as to power their operation. Wireless cameras mostly rely on satellites and WIFI capabilities to transfer captured pictures and videos
A majority of the wireless cameras use applications which you can install on your computer or Smartphone and control them from remote locations.
While making a purchase decision consider the place you want to install the camera and for what reason you intend to install it. Basing your decision on these two factors will enable you to make a wise decision. The cost of the surveillance camera varies mostly depending on the above two variables.